Congratulations, you’re engaged! This is such an exciting time but it can also be incredibly overwhelming. You get lost in invitations, venues, florals and catering. Where should you start? Our advice is always always always start with your guest list. Our brides always tell us that this is the most dreaded task and understandably, however it also begins to shape the planning process. This is the one task your wedding planner won’t be able to complete for you, we can absolutely give you our expert tips and help narrow it down but the initial list is up to you and your partner.
This guest list is the first step to shaping your planning. It helps to set the budget, find the venue and decide on the catering. Once the guest list is out of the way, you can relax and enjoy the planning process.
Narrowing down the invitees can seem like an impossible task, below are some questions to help you decide who to invite:
- Would you invite this person over for dinner?
- Have you seen this person in the last 12 months?
- Would you like to have children at the wedding?
- Has your partner met this person?
- Will your parents have a say in the guest list?
- Are you going to include co-workers?
- Does your budget allow for plus ones?
- Who will get a plus one?
- Were you invited to their wedding?
- Would you regret not having this person there?
These are just a few questions to get you started, don’t forget ultimately the guest list should feel right to both you and your partner. How is your guest list going?